And Secure In Your Future
Richard J. Preira
Richard J. Preira is Founder/Managing Partner at RCC Family Law.
He has successfully handled complex matrimonial cases and high-profile criminal defense litigation for more than thirty years in South Florida.
Mr. Preira is devoted to serving the South Florida community. A long-time resident of Miami Beach, he has served on the Miami Beach Board of Adjustment and Miami Beach Charter Review Board. He is on the Board of Directors of Kidside, the fundraising arm to Miami-Dade County Family Court Services. He was a charter member of the First Family Law American Inn of Court and later served as its President. He is also the former President of the Miami Beach Bar Association and a former chairman of a Florida Bar Grievance Committee.
Mr. Preira is a Supreme Court of Florida Certified Family Mediator, Guardian ad Litem, qualified expert witness in marital and family law matters, and a pro bono advocate on behalf of petitioners seeking marriage annulments before the Metropolitan Tribunal of the Archdiocese of Miami. He is a frequent lecturer on Florida family law.
He is admitted to practice law in all Florida state courts, before all federal district courts in Florida, the 4th, 5th and 11th Circuits of the United States Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States of America. He has also been admitted pro hac vice to practice law in federal courts in New York, North Carolina, and California.
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. - 1980
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Book Award, Constitutional Law
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Program’s Outstanding Trial Advocate, 1980
- University of Miami
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Broward Community College
- Honors: Student Government Association, President
- Honors: Tau Kappa Epsilon, President
- Major: Accounting
- Miami Beach Board of Adjustment, 2010 to 2015
- Miami Beach Charter Review Board, 2014
- The First Family Law American Inn of Court , Charter Member – 1995; Executive Board – 1999 – 2003; President, 2003 – 2004
- Kidside, Charter Member – 2009; Executive Board – 2009
- Miami Beach Bar Association, Member, 1985 – Present; Executive Board, 1985 – 1992; President, 1992 – 1993
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee 11 “K” , Member, 1988 – 1992; Vice Chairman – 1993; Chairman – 1994
Current Employment Position
- Founder/Managing Partner at RCC Family Law
- High Conflict Divorce
- Paternity & Child Support
- International Family Law
- Nuptial Agreements (Prenuptial/Postnuptuial)
- Abduction/Hague Convention
- Parental Alienation
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- Florida, 1981